Monday, April 30, 2012

Will He Not Leave the 99 for the One?

I thought I may Post today. I am currently finishing my Jazz Appreciation class, so that's fun. I updated my Profile Picture as well:
This is Alexander, my new dog. He's a hoot.
When he's not a hoot, he's a sleep.

I was pleased to accompany my mother today in a dress expedition. Normally, I don't like shopping. I'd much rather do something that calls to my inner man. However, I've had much experience through my dearest Erin on lady's clothes. I must say, today was more than a success. We found a green dress, just like she wanted, and I picked her out a belt and recommended that she use some type of shrug with the dress. It was a good combination and nice to see my mom twirling around for once. I'm glad she felt pretty because she sure did look it.
So afterward, we got a bite to eat. I am loosing my appetite for high calorie meals. I ate wings and yeast rolls, but I couldn't muscle through the loaded potatoes and fried mushrooms; there was just too much grease on my fingers.
Upon arriving home, I did not see my dog Alexander howling at me. So I decided to sneak around the back of the gate to surprise him. As I crept with the creepiest of creeps, my crux, my pup, was no where to be seen. So I commenced to calling and whistling, but to no avail; my puppy was not in the yard. Panic had not overwhelmed me until a visit to the neighbors' yard served me no success.  I have just decided that I really want this dog, and now I have lost him... Crap. I called, I clapped, I whistled, and rapped at the door to my neighbors' once again. He answered this time and told me not to fear, for my dog was sitting around the corner. On the deck he looked right at my face and ran right to my leg. I brought that one little lamb home with me, and now he sits on my bed.
Got in the zone there, sorry. I'll pick back up...

Days come and go, pulling me closer to my wedding day. Right now, I am a bit nervous, for various reasons. Mainly, I just want to be someone Erin can admire as her husband. Someone she can brag on. I've done my best to flex my muscles, but I am finding, such respect can only be obtained through hearty spirituality. So into my roots I go, hence a blog post. I don't intend on being mushy. I probably already write to quaint for most egotistical males to relate to me. Who cares, my mom always said in the words of Popeye, "I yam who I yam, and that's all that I yam."
More to come?...

Started out worshiping the Lord today to "Everything you do" by Cory Asbury.
(only by coincidence, I found this same song posted on my fiance's blog just a couple of days ago)



1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much :)
    It made me smile and giggle the entire time through
    Thanks for this.
    Tell Alexander I miss him like dang and my heart hurts when I think about him.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete