Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Heavy Leaves and Fall Hearts

good morning. peppermint tea.
homework = sigh of grief.
beautiful world outside = sigh of relief.

I am at the point in this semester where I'm hitting a wall, but I'm not writing to complain. I may feel my circumstances are weighty, but I should just let them fall to the ground like these leaves outside. Because it brings more pleasure to hear them crunch under my feet. My perspective has come this route by way of my father's guidance. I called him last night for some encouragement, only to find he had a rough day as well. Nevertheless he insisted I explain myself, so I did. I love his advice because most of the time, I can just soak it right in because I know it lines up with something I want to be. He's the best. So I woke up this morning and felt like I wanted to talk to him. About that time my phone buzzed to let me know someone had left an email.
It read:
subject:Fall colors
I was not in the best mood last night, with news from the family, and grandmother worried about me being out of town for 3 days. I felt I shouldn't have to work this hard to make it after years of hard work. But I woke up this morning and looked out side at that glorious fall wardrobe that nature is presently wearing and said, what the heck! get up and enjoy the day no matter what kind of day your facing. This is great weather, can't wait to get outside. Hope you complete all the assignments. love Dad

What the heck is exactly what I'm thinking Dad. you make me laugh.

Here's a picture of my girlfriend. It makes me laugh too, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment